Clean Plate Leader Application
The Clean Plate Leader Program was developed by Chartwells and the Razorback Food Recovery (RFR) with the goal of increasing awareness, within the University of Arkansas community, of food waste and food insecurity at a local, regional, national, and global level. Our hope is to increase awareness through our leaders and incorporate sustainability into the campus culture.
Please apply if you're interested in continuing the fight against food insecurity through engaging the student body, social media posts, creation of a newsletter, and meeting with Chartwells dining services.
The ambassador program will be made up of 3 to 5 leaders who will serve from September 2017 through April 2018. Clean Plate Leaders will serve an average of 1-3 hours per week.
- Develop and contribute to weekly posts on at least one of the RFR social media accounts
- Attend 1-hour biweekly RFR Leader meetings
- Attend a biweekly one-on-one meetings with a supervisor each month
- Contribute to the outreach campaign of RFR including but not limited to information sessions, social media posts, tabling, events, speaking to classes, etc.
- Create awareness for the 2 week Clean Plate initiative each semester
- Work well in a group in order to execute their responsibilities
- Ability to develop and implement professional material that will represent the program
- Be able to work in a team in order to achieve the goals of the program
- Interest in the issues, of food waste and food insecurity, and an interest in learning more about the role of food recovery
Minor (if applicable)
Name social issues you care about and why?
Name your strengths:
What time management strategies do you currently use?
In the spirit of social media, let us know in 140 characters or less, why you are interested in this program and how you will contribute. Be creative!
Experience: Check any field in which you have past experience.
Leading/Presenting Information Sessions
Possible Group Meeting Times:
Please check any and all boxes that list times you would be available in Fall 2017 to meet once a month.
I hereby give my consent to the Center for Community Engagement, the Office of Student Standards and Conduct, and the Office of Academic Integrity & Initiatives to examine my academic and disciplinary records for the purpose of verifying that I meet the requirements for participation in co-curricular activities.
I understand and agree
Do Not Fill This Out